I have a beauty products problem, if you couldn't tell from the picture above. My problem is that I have way too much product. I typically use the same stuff day after day and yet I can't seem to let anything go. I am afraid to toss it because I know that the day after I do, I will suddenly need it and then have to go out to buy it all over again. I took this picture after a wonderful trip to Sephora where I brought home some great additions to my collection. Because I love organization and neatness way more than I love my products, I looked at my dresser and knew I had to take action. Letting go of what I didn't need, make me realize the things I loved the most and decided I should share. So here you go, my top ten favorite beauty products as of April 1, 2012:
10. Divine Eyes by L'Occitane - a great light cream that has natural oils to reduce dark circles, puffiness and lines. I use it before bed and when I wake up. It's a bit pricey but totally worth it and a little goes a long way. It definitely reduces puffiness and I feel like it has tackled my "laugh lines" as well. I am a sucker for anything that uses natural oils...
9. Herbal Blemish Stick by Burt's Bees - another natural solution, but a great one. This contains 10 effective herbal ingredients including Tea Tree and Juniper Oils. It has a roller to apply so there is no mess. And it works better than any other acne treatment I have used plus its not as harsh.
8. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - Some people love Chapstick, but this is by far my favorite. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. I love the tingle! Plus they make one with SPF. I have one in the car, next to my seat in the living room and in every bag I own.
7. AmazingConcealer by AmazingCosmetics - This may be misleading at #7 but truly something I can't live without! My dark circles drive me crazy, making me look sick and tired, but this is my miracle. It is formulated to erase all skin imperfections: dark circles, broken capillaries, sun damage, blemishes, redness and more. What I love is that the coverage is great, it's waterproof and yet it still goes on creamy and smooth without caking. I have been using this for a long time, like 10 years and haven't tried anything new since.
6. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil - A lot of people love mineral make up and while I don't use the foundation, I love the Mineral Veil. It promises to minimize lines, absorb oils, and soften your complexion and give you a flawless finis. And I agree, plus it offers a nice brightness to your completion. And you can use it mid-day to freshen up. One of my faves!
5. Ouidad Styling Mist - This is a great styling and finishing mist that smells like cinnamon. While the Ouidad line is designed for curly hair, anyone can use and love this spray. It is made with Jojoba Oil and Hydrolyzed Silk which leaves your hair shiny and healthy. You can use it when hair is wet to help hold as you blow dry and it also holds your finished style well but allows for movement, think the opposite of Aquanet. Love it!
4. DevaCurl No-poo - This shampoo is sulfate free and has no dehydrating detergents so it won't dry out your hair. It is zero lather so it takes some getting use to but you hair will thank you. It also smells great. Again, this line is made for curly hair but they also offer one called DevaCare if you have straight locks.
3. DiorShow Mascara - I have to admit that I have tried about 200 mascaras and this is by far my favorite. I am very particular about the brush - I want it full and soft. This offers a jumbo-sized brush (which was originally designed for fashion show makeup artists to use on models) and is totally like a magic wand for lashes. It leaves lashes ultra thick, long, and curled. And as an added bonus, it has a great sent!
2. Hemp and Olive Facial Cream from Pureply Paradise Natural Bath Products in Key West. - I found this great product while on vacation with my husband. All I needed to see was all natural and crafted on-site and I was sold. This face cream is heaven! It goes on very creamy and can seem a little heavy at first, but it does soak in and keeps your face hydrated all day or night. I have combination skin that used to get oily after a couple hours but I find that with this cream, it stays balanced all day. While I bought my first jar on site, I ordered my next batch on-line and it came with-in a couple days. Fantastic product and service.
Buy it here: http://www.purelyparadisesoaps.com/product.sc?productId=37&categoryId=12
1. Olive Oil - Okay so not just Olive Oil but Caster oil, grapeseed oil and a ton of other oils you can use. I wrote a blog about it before, it's called the Oil-Cleansing Method and it has changed my skin. Even as an adult I have had acne and I have used everything! Most of what I used made my skin too dry and still didn't fix the problem. Every night when I wash my face, it feels like a mini facial and it a great finish to my day. It takes a bit to get used to it and it takes your skin a week or two to balance out, but if you stick with it, you will not be disappointed!
What are your favorites? Comment to share!